Go after Boko Haram sponsors, NLC tells FG
The Nigeria Labour Congress has urged the Federal
Government to reopen investigation into the cases of people
indicted for sponsoring the Boko Haram sect in the country.
The President of the NLC, Mr. Ayuba Wabba, said in a
statement on Sunday that the liberty enjoyed by those
sponsoring terror gangs was a grave danger to the country.
Wabba advised security forces to be resolute in the ongoing
campaign against the insurgents and not to be demoralised
by the multiple bomb attacks on Abuja.
He urged the security forces, who were better equipped with
sophisticated equipment, to take up the attacks as a
Congress, we believe this latest attacks should not weaken
the morale of the forces involved in the battle against
terrorism in our country, rather it should reinvigorate their
fighting spirits and be seen by government as a challenge to
arm our forces with more sophisticated and superior
weapons both for intelligence gathering and combat.
“Beyond this, we urge our government to order the
immediate re-investigation, arrest and prosecution of all
those previously indicted of sponsoring terror gangs,
especially Boko Haram and other such violent groups in any
part of the country.
the entire country on timed-bombs that can explode at will.
No matter how highly placed, whoever has been indicted,
should immediately be apprehended and re-investigated
Wabba said the multiple bomb attacks on the FCT by the
insurgents should be condemned by all Nigerians.
He added that the attacks were perpetrated by the terrorists
with the intent to divert attention from the successes
recorded against them by the security forces.
The Labour leader believed that the attacks carried out at
Kuje along the Abuja International Airport and Nyanya, were
devised to announce the Boko Haram’s presence to the
world and to convey the message that Nigeria was unsafe.